Just thought I would do a quick post letting those of you who are curious know that I am back home in the United States. My 20 hours of flying home actually went really well, though I am not sure when it is going to hit me that this is not a dream, and that I really am not in Ghana anymore. Saying goodbye to the kids and everyone was sad but really just felt surreal. I am waiting for everything to hit me, but until then I am just relaxing in a dream like state and am really really cold haha. Thank you to everyone who took interest in my trip and who sent so much love to me throughout my journey. I send love to all of you wherever you are around the world and hope that some of that loving and positive energy that you were sending my way can now be sent to Japan and Libya to help those amazing people facing such a great struggle get through each day.
Much Love,
Jill
Love to you, too, my girl. It's a hard thing to come home from a trip like that. Especially to see the stark contrast between life there and life here. And nothing is normal anymore. Which is really, really good to know. Take your time adjusting. I love you so.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it back safely! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Let me know when you're ready and we'll meet up for coffee!
ReplyDelete